In order to be eligible to apply for specialist training you need to fulfill requirements about experience and conditions:
- I have a relevant DDS (Doctor or Dental Surgery), DMScDS (Degree of Master of Science in Dental Surgery) or equivalent 5-year degree and certificate with a GPA average of 65% or higher.
- I have at least two (2) years of clinical experience, including both pediatric and adult dental care.
- I have a financial guarantee from my country covering tuition fees and my living expenses for whole training period including introduction year if needed.
- I speak English fluently and can provide a TOEFL or IELTS test result of level B2 or above.
- I can travel to Sweden on own expenses to meet the clinic and Skåne Care.
- Agree to undergo training without a Swedish license and will not be able to work after my training as a dentist in Sweden.
- Understand that a training certificate is provided by Folktandvården Skåne and the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare.
- Agree to undergo language training to speak Swedish fluently according to level C1 (CEFR) before I enter the specialist training program, which involves an introduction period in Sweden of up to 18 months before entering the program.
Candidates register a complete application form & comply with the requirements.
Skåne Care screens the applications to identify the best candidates.
Tests and interviews
Selected candidates undergo written tests and personal interviews in person or through video conference.
Visit to clinic
Shortlisted candidates come to Sweden to visit the relevant clinic for mutual assessment of suitability.
Selected candidates receive acceptance letters for the Specialist Training Program. Skåne Care supports the candidates with logistical preparation, such as application for residency permit and relocation services.
Read more about our Specialist Training Areas