Information about how your personal data is handled by Skåne Care
The protection of your personal data is important to us!
Skåne Care AB, is a company established and fully owned by Region Skåne with the mandate to handle the Region’s international cooperation in healthcare as well as related advisory and training services. Services offered by Skåne Care range from actual medical treatment of international patients to education and training programs for healthcare professionals as well as management advisory services for clinics and hospitals.
All our processing of personal data occurs in accordance with applicable data protection legislation GDPR, which means that we protect your personal information with the necessary measures and that you are always entitled to contact us to inquire about what personal information we have saved about you. In this dropdown, we clarify what information Skåne Care collects about you and how your personal data is being handled.
Skåne Care processes personal data that you, either directly or through a sponsor, have agreed to share with us while applying for Skåne Care’s services. Processed personal data may include:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number and email address and, where applicable, health related information and personal identity number
- Banking details and other financial information required for making transactions
- Information collected during visits to the Skåne Care’s website for the purpose of improving user-friendliness, e.g. through cookies
We may require your personal information for the following reasons:
- To respond to your inquiry and plan the requested service.
- To fulfill an agreement towards you or a sponsor.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Skåne Care requires a consent in order to store and process your personal information. You have the right – at any time – to withdraw your consent and get your personal information deleted. Skåne Care may still be required to store certain information about you for legal compliance reasons.
Your personal information is used by employees in Skåne Care and its service providers who need to access personal data to perform their work. This data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) using technical and organizational measures. Skåne Care will not disclose personal information to others unless we are legally required to.
Skåne Care is public owned and thereby governed by the principle of public access to official documents. This means that certain documents constitute so-called public documents that Skåne Care will provide to whoever is asking upon request. A confidentiality test will be conducted in accordance with to the Swedish Secrecy Act (Offentlighets- och sekretesslag, SFS 2009:400) prior to any disclosure.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in Section 1 of this document. Some personal data might be saved for longer periods of time if required to meet legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements. Once there is no legal obligation to keep your data, Skåne Care will ensure that your personal information is either securely deleted or stored in a way such that it is anonymized.
Some of our service providers (e.g. IT supplier) who have access to your personal data are located outside the European Union. Skåne Care ensures that your personal data is only transferred to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection in accordance with Article 45 of GDPR. Special categories of data are always managed by service providers located within the European Union.
In summary, you have the right to:
- Request information about what data about you we have stored, what we use it for, who we disclose it to, whether we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it for, how you can make a complaint and where we obtained your data from.
- Rectify inaccurate personal data.
- Restrict your personal data, when the information is not needed to comply with a legal obligation.
- Erase your personal data, but only where it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, when you withdraw you consent (where the data processing was based on consent) and when it is no longer necessary to comply with a legal obligation which Skåne Care is subject to.
Requests to exercise data subject rights in addition to complaints shall be sent to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. You have also the right to contact the local supervisory authority for data protection.
Personal data: is information that can be, directly or indirectly, linked to your individual person e.g. name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, image and date of birth.
Special Categories of Data: means any personal data relating to your health, genetic or biometric data, criminal convictions, sex life, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership.
Processing of personal data: includes, for example, collection, recording, dissemination, processing and deletion of data.
Data Subject: means an individual whom the personal data is about. It could be an applicant seeking one of Skåne Care’s services e.g. medical care, training program.
Service Providers: third parties who provide ‘cloud based’ IT applications or systems which means that your personal data will be hosted on their servers, but under Skåne Care’s control and direction. Other service providers are even accommodation and transportation agencies. We require all our service providers to respect the confidentiality and security of personal data.